This early stage company, still in stealth mode, is hitting stride with an impressive investment profile and outstanding leadership team. We are looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer / Technical Lead who will assume EE architecture responsibility for full life cycle product development of a next generation medical device.
– Serve as Lead Electrical Engineer responsible for full life cycle development of electrical systems in new diagnostic equipment product line.
– Lead system architecture development, technical specifications definition, DFMEA, design, testing, analysis, prototyping, costing, verification & validation, test certification, DFM/DFA, manufacturing, and NPI support.
– Lead integration of sensors, actuators (VCM, stepper motors, piezo) in precision motion, imaging and automation systems.
– Lead development of Mixed Signal, High Speed Data PCB layouts for data processing and communication.
Experience/Education Requirements Minimum qualifications:
● BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent; advanced degree strongly preferred
● 7+ years of experience in hardware development.
● Hands-on experience designing complex electromechanical systems.
● Experience designing real-time embedded electronics, microprocessor based controls, digital and analog IO circuitry, PID and precision motion controls.
● Demonstrated expertise in using PADS or Altium.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Proficiency in the creation and maintenance of project documents.
● Experience with FMECA and designing and testing for IEC 60601-1.
● Experience working in FDA regulated environment (ISO 14971, ISO 13485).
● Working knowledge of CE, RoHS and regulatory requirements for low voltage control products
● Experience in one or more of the following areas: CMOS, GPU, high speed data hardware development, robotics, diagnostic equipment, imaging, etc.
● Familiar with MATLAB/Simulink, C/C++, Python, CUDA.
● Familiar with Solidworks, Arena BOM Control or similar.
● 3+ years of experience in Start-up.
● Familiar with UL 61010-2 standard.