The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for leading the design, and development of software/firmware for a new product line. Including developing system level software architecture, firmware to support various sub-systems like precision mechatronics, imaging (capture, processing, storage and transfer), communication and UI/UX design. In addition, this role requires developing test software and knowledge of software development lifecycle.
• Lead design, development and V&V activities of all software required for the launch of a new diagnostic medical equipment.
• Interface with internal and external resources in imaging, mechanical, product design, and contributors from regulatory, quality and other departments.
• Oversee development of test software, calibration software, installation procedures and documentation.
• Perform system level and sub-system level risk analysis and take steps to mitigate.
• Trouble-shoot issues with device: isolate issues in hardware or software and find root causes and solutions.
• Complete documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with IEC 62304.
• Bachelor Degree in Software/Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
• 7+ years of industry experience, 5+ years in embedded software development.
• Strong Linux/Unix, C/C++, Python skills with Real Time OS.
• UX design experience.
• Software verification and validation experience per medical device QMS
• Experience complying with IEC 62304 and IEC 60601-1 standards.
Inquiries and resumes to: Kathy Provost at firstname.lastname@example.org OR 978/952-6425
For more information, please visit http://www.agilesearchinc.com/